- 2 Bird & Barrow Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 large clove garlic – finely diced
- 100g vermicelli
- 1 large red chilli – deseeded and diced
- 2 large cloves garlic – finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 100g green beans – trimmed and halved
- 1 red capsicum – cut into very thin slices
- 1 carrot – peeled and grated
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Handful fresh coriander – roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Olive oil or coconut oil for sautéing
- To serve: Fresh iceberg lettuce leaves (allow for 3 per person)
Cut the chicken into strips or bite sized pieces. Whisk together the marinade ingredients, pour over the chicken and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Drain the marinade completely.
Heat a generous glug of olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium high heat. Cook the chicken in two batches until browned and cooked through. Take care not to overcook it.
Cover the vermicelli in boiling water. Drain after 2 minutes and run under cold water. Set aside until ready to use.
Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook without browning for 1 minute. Add the beans and capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables along with the soy sauce and fish sauce. Cook for a further couple of minutes. Add the noodles and cook until heated through. Taste and add additional soy sauce if desired. Remove from the heat. Add the sesame oil and coriander.
Serve immediately in lettuce cups. You can fill these before serving or place the noodles in the centre of the table and let people fill their own.