- 500g Quality Mark beef mince
- ½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs soaked in 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- 4 pita breads
- 8 handfuls small salad leaves or shredded iceberg lettuce
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season well and shape into 4 large patties. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat (or heat a barbecue plate until hot) and place the patties on. Cook for 16-18 minutes, turning and cooking the sides as well until they are cooked through.
Mix together the yoghurt and mint. Soften pitas as per packet instructions or toast. Place salad leaves moistened with a little yoghurt and mint dressing into the pita, follow with the beef patty and a scattering of blue cheese. Serve with remaining yoghurt and mint dressing in a small bowl.